Pearce Cycles have the capability to provide our own medical and first aid cover at our events. This became possible by utilising our own in house paramedic.
Matt has grown up around the event scene since he was 17 years old being involved in organising mountain bike events, assisting with first aid and competing himself. Alongside this for the last 17 years he has had a successful career within the NHS working his way up to Paramedic and Emergency Care Practitioner grade .
For our events we have a team of medical staff on site led by Matt and supported by other suitably trained personnel. This includes Paramedics, Nurse Practitioners, Emergency Medical Technicians, Fire and Rescue staff and First Aiders.
The facilities that we will provide are a medical centre in the race arena, a 4x4 rescue vehicle and a rapid response motorbike paramedic.
The medical centre is setup to:
• Provide first aid to walking wounded that present at the centre.
• Assess, treat and discharge patients.
• Clean and close wounds where appropriate.
• Receive and monitor stretchered patients from the course whilst waiting for an ambulance.
• Be a response point for nearby incidents.
The 4x4 rescue vehicle is setup to:
• Extricate injured cyclists off the course and transport them to the medical centre.
• Provide advanced life support including airway management haemorrhage control and drug therapies when required.
• Immobilise patients with suspected spinal injuries.
• Splint fractures
• Provide pain relief
The rapid response motorbike paramedic will have the ability to access any area of the course quickly and provide treatment until the 4x4 vehicle is on scene.
With this setup in place we are able to provide a high level of care to our racers. With our own medical team we work closely with marshals and officials and reduce incident times where possible. We also train with marshals so that they are able to assist the medics more effectively as well.
If you wish to contact us to ask any questions or would like any further information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01584 879288, 07977454904