Welcome to Pearce Medics
Delivering high quality trauma care to mountain bikers
Pearce Medics is a division of Pearce Cycles and has been setup to provide medical cover to mountain bike events.
The team is led by Matt Pearce who is an experienced Paramedic and Emergency Care Practitioner. Matt has grown up in the mountain bike events industry and this paired with a successful carer in the NHS has combined to deliver a high quality of service delivery to competitors.
For our events we have a team of medical staff on site led by Matt and supported by other suitably trained personnel. This includes Paramedics, Nurse Practitioners, Emergency Medical Technicians, Fire and Rescue staff and First Aiders.
The facilities that we will provide are a medical centre in the race arena, a 4x4 rescue vehicle and a rapid response motorbike paramedic.
The medical centre is setup to:
• Provide first aid to walking wounded that present at the centre.
• Assess, treat and discharge patients.
• Clean and close wounds where appropriate.
• Receive and monitor stretchered patients from the course whilst waiting for an ambulance.
• Be a response point for nearby incidents.
The 4x4 rescue vehicle is setup to:
• Extricate injured cyclists off the course and transport them to the medical centre.
• Provide advanced life support including airway management haemorrhage control and drug therapies when required.
• Immobilise patients with suspected spinal injuries.
• Splint fractures
• Provide pain relief
With this setup in place we are able to provide a high level of care to our racers. With our own medical team we work closely with marshals and officials and reduce incident times where possible. We also train with marshals so that they are able to assist the medics more effectively as well.
Pearce Medics operates primarily to provide first aid and medical cover to mountain bike events organised by Pearce Cycles but is proud to support other local events that need our specialist service.
The Batch Burner Cycle event
Bishops Castle Tandem triathlon
Ludlow Running club summer series event.
Dyfi Bike Park medical provision.